From caring for our earth to caring for our heart, Tzu Chi promotes healthy diet of more fruits and vegetables and less meat, a simple lifestyle, reduce our carbon footprint and incorporating recycling into our daily lives.
The 5 Elements of Practicsing Environmental Protection in Daily Life:
- Start young
- Living habits
- Education & knowledge
- amily affairs
- Peace of mind
Tzu Chi International Humanitarian Aid Association (TIHAA)
In order to support the disaster relief team and provide smooth and efficient services towards the relieving work as well as to comply well with the aid requirements, a group of Taiwanese entrepreneurs, consist of various professionals, founded the TIHAA in 2004, which is based on the spirit of unconditional giving, the Great Love. This is a very systematic voluntary team, doing back office work and R&D, the team is developing all types of relieving materials with recycling concepts, thus improving the quality of relieving.
- 1990: start promotion of Environmental Protection
- Now 17 countries, 5,462 recycling centres and 76,219 volunteers.
- 2008: weight to recycled materials in Taiwan: 117,902,949 Kg; trees saved: 1,421,383
- Eco-Friendly Clothing Gets Quality Certification
- Recycling Center in Kunshan, China
- The Greater Use of 12 PET Bottles, Prime Minister Surprised
- DAAI Technology Company Unveils Eco-friendly Products
- Implement Environmental Protection, Purify the Mind, and Hold Nature in Awe
- 2nd Annual Clean Up Melaka 2008 – Start Today Save Tomorrow
- A Recycling Aid
- Not as Dumb as It Seems