From nothing to something with the help from Tzu Chi
It takes ten years to grow a tree, but to properly nourish a person could take a hundred years. Education is the foundation to building any country. School Principal Adela specifically addressed that the school’s classrooms and bathrooms were not in ideal condition and did not meet the needs of students and teachers. With the help from Tzu Chi volunteers, new classrooms and bathrooms were built. Computers and other supplies including sewing machines were donated. Students now receive better education because the school went from having nothing to having something.
Representative Huang Lien Shen and Secretary Hsu were also present at the graduation ceremony. From Principal Adela, they were able to gain a good understanding of the work Tzu Chi has done for the school. Going forward, Representative Huang Lien Shen will attend more Tzu Chi events.
Translated by: Lynn Tien
Edited by: Joseph Hackbarth
- 14th Year Winter Clothes to Poor New Yorkers
- Dinner for the Homeless, Food for the Poor
- Christmas Gift Distribution in Brazil
- Christmas Gifts for Needy Students
- Tzu Chi Volunteers Mobilize To Help Earthquake Victims
- Books Across the Ocean
- Argentina - Donation for Designated H1N1 Hospital
- Canada - Medical Supplies to Street Health