2012/04/24 Unconditional Giving
The Qian-jin Elementary School is one of 13 schools re-built by the Tzu Chi Foundation. Its principle, Song Ru-wei, sees the school as his home. In addition to providing academic courses, he focuses on teaching etiquette to the children. Dharma Master Cheng Yen says that moral education is the root of education and has to be taught from childhood.
The education of children cannot be neglected. After the Sichuan Earthquake of 2008, Tzu Chi re-constructed 13 schools for the children to continue a proper education. In the Qian-jin Elementary School, Mr. Song teaches the details of life -- like how to fold a quilt in the dormitory. He aims to teach daily manners as part of education and expects his students to behave properly.
It is important to keep education on the correct path and bring back ethics and etiquette which are disappearing in our society. By doing so, people will respect other living beings and keep their minds in harmony.
- Be Mindful in Our Daily Living
- Working Together to Display the Beauty of Religion
- Honoring Buddha Around the World
- Nursing--A Noble Profession to Relieve Suffering
- Cherish Our Lives
- Life Wisdom (09/01~11/30, 2010)
- Life Wisdom (06/01~08/31, 2010)
- Life Wisdom (12/14/2009 ~ 05/31/2010)